This strawberry and veggies flatbread, by Kristina LaRue, RD, CSSD, of loveandzest.com, will excite your taste buds and be gone in a flash. Flatbreads are as versatile as strawberries because they can be sweet or savory and served anytime of the day!
Not only does this recipe deliver a unique pairing of flavors, the strawberries provide a boost of vitamin C. In fact, one serving of eight strawberries packs 110% of your daily recommended value. Who can say no to that?
- 1 (4.4 oz) naan flatbread
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons strawberry preserves
- ½ cup shredded Brussels sprouts (2 large Brussels sprouts)
- 1 large strawberry, sliced
- 1 ounce (¼ cup) crumbled goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze, for garnish
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, and place flatbread on sheet.
- In small bowl, mix together mascarpone cheese and strawberry preserves. Spread strawberry cheese mixture evenly on flatbread.
- Top flatbread with shredded Brussels sprouts, strawberry slices and goat cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and season with freshly ground pepper.
- Bake in 400-degree oven for 12 minutes. Allow to cool slightly. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with fresh basil. Slice flatbread into 4–8 pieces.