Strawberry & Fava Bean Salad topped with Pecorino! This recipe is a great salad, made with fresh California Strawberries!
Don’t forget to check out some of our other recipes!
Strawberry and Fava Bean Salad with Pecorino
- Kosher or sea salt
- 2 cups shelled fresh fava beans (about 2 pounds in pods)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh California strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 cups rucola (wild arugula)
- Pecorino cheese
- In a large pot over high heat, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add a pinch of salt and the fava beans.
- Boil 1 minute; drain and cool fava beans in ice water.
- Drain fava beans; pinch one end and slip off tough skins of larger beans (skin on small beans is not usually tough). Discard skins.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, season shelled fava beans and strawberries with salt and pepper.
- Add rucola and enough dressing to coat salad lightly.
- Mix gently and spoon onto a platter or 6 salad plates.
- With a vegetable peeler, shave cheese generously over salad. Grind more pepper on top.
Serving size: 6 Calories: 232 Fat: 8g Sodium: 32g Fiber: 1g Protein: 15g Cholesterol: 172mg