A California Strawberries take on a Hummus Pita Sandwich recipe!
These California Strawberry Hummus Pita Sandwiches are a modern twist on a Mediterranean favorite.
Strawberry Hummus PIta Sandwiches
- 2 cups hulled and quartered California strawberries
- 1 (14.5 oz) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 whole wheat pitas, cut in half
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup sliced cucumber
- 4 medium California strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 bunch watercress
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ recipe California Strawberry Hummus
To make the Strawberry Hummus:
- Place strawberries, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, pepper and salt in the work bowl of a food processor.
- Blend until very smooth.
To make the Pita Sandwiches:
- Spread ½ of the strawberry hummus inside pita halves.
- Fill with chicken, onion, cucumber, sliced strawberries, watercress and feta.
- Use the other half of the hummus for dipping, if desired.
Serving size: 1 sandwich Calories: 394 kcal Fat: 13 g Saturated fat: 5 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 50 g Sugar: 9 g Sodium: 1216 mg Fiber: 10 g Protein: 24 g Cholesterol: 67 mg
Check out more California Strawberry Recipes here!