California Strawberries‘s take on a Hummus Pita Sandwich Recipe!
These California Strawberry Hummus Pita Sandwiches are a modern twist on a Mediterranean favorite.
California Strawberry Hummus Pita Sandwiches
- 2 whole wheat pitas, cut in half
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup sliced cucumber
- 4 medium California strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 bunch watercress
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ recipe California Strawberry Hummus
- 2 cups hulled and quartered California strawberries
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- To make the sandwiches, spread hummus inside pita halves.
- Fill with chicken, onion, cucumber, sliced strawberries, watercress and feta.
- To make the hummus, place strawberries, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, pepper and salt in the work bowl of a food processor.
- Blend until very smooth.
Diabetes Exchanges: Starch 2, Fruit 0.5, Vegetable 0.25, Very Lean Meat 2, Medium-Fat Meat 0.5
Calories: 114 Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 20g Sodium: 532mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 6g
Check out more California Strawberry Recipes here!