This California Strawberry Quick Bread is delicious warm out of the oven for breakfast or toasted the next day for a snack.
California Strawberry Quick Bread
- ½ cup vegetable oil, plus more for greasing
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- 2 cups chopped California strawberries
- ⅓ cup finely chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease the inside of an 8 x 4½ inch loaf pan with vegetable oil and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together oil, eggs, vinegar and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, place sugar, nutmeg, baking powder, salt, flours, oats and flax seeds. Stir to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture. Beat just until dry ingredients are moistened, about 15 seconds.
- Add strawberries and walnuts, mixing briefly just to combine. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and let cool on a wire rack before slicing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Find more strawberry recipes here