This Strawberry, Shrimp and Feta Salad is a hit! Find more of our recipes here!
Strawberry, Shrimp and Feta Salad
Serves: 4 Servings
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¾ pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 2 cups (about 10 ounces) fresh California strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 8 cups mixed salad greens, such as butter lettuce and watercress
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small cucumber, sliced (about 24 slices)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In small bowl, toss onion with 1 tablespoon of vinaigrette; set aside.
- Over grill or in pan on stove top, grill shrimp 5 minutes, turning once, or until pink and cooked through.
- In another bowl, toss strawberries with 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette.
- In large bowl, toss greens and onion with enough of the remaining vinaigrette to coat lightly.
- Divide among 4 chilled salad plates and arrange strawberries and shrimp on top of greens.
- Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with slices of cucumber.
- For a variation, substitute shredded smoked chicken for the shrimp. Pre-cooked, shelled shrimp may be substituted for grilled shrimp.
Calories: 304 Fat: 17g Carbohydrates: 15g Sodium: 808mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 25g Cholesterol: 192mg