A fresh straw-BERRY good smoothie recipe!
It’s that time of year when everything is about freshness. Isn’t it wonderful to start getting outside in the fresh spring air to take a bike ride – but this is perfect for a fall refresher, too! A sweet reminder of spring months.
And as much as we all love comfort food and hot soup in the cooler months, it’s such a great time of year to also think about eating and drinking brighter colors – smoothies are definitely an obvious and delicious go-to option.
Check out this delicious recipe, created by registered dietitian Sylvia Klinger. It’s perfect for breakfast, a snack, or any time!
Here is one delicious version using vanilla yogurt:
This other version includes a twist using blueberry yogurt:
- 1 cup California strawberries
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 3 tbsp frozen grape juice concentrate
- ½ cup low fat vanilla or blueberry yogurt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and a mint sprig, if desired.
- Diabetes Exchanges: Fruit 2.5, Low-Fat Milk 2.75
Check out more California Strawberry Recipes here!