A fresh smoothie recipe!
It’s that time of year when everything is about freshness. Isn’t it wonderful to start getting outside in the fresh spring air to take a bike ride, or just walk around without heavy jackets and umbrellas? For many of us, it’s even fun to freshen up our closets and start rocking some paler hues and lighter fabrics.
And as much as we all love comfort food and hot soup in the cooler months, it’s such a great time of year to also think about eating and drinking cooler, brighter colors – and smoothies are definitely an obvious and delicious go-to option.
Check out this delicious straw-BERRY smoothie recipe, created by registered dietitian Sylvia Klinger. It’s perfect for breakfast, a snack, or any time!
- 1 cup California strawberries
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 3 tablespoons frozen grape juice concentrate
- ½ cup low fat vanilla or blueberry yogurt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and a mint sprig, if desired.
- Diabetes Exchanges: Fruit 2.5, Low-Fat Milk 2.75
Check out more California Strawberry Recipes here!