Break the breakfast blues with this easy, and delicious, Strawberry and Cinnamon Bowl recipe from Robin Plotkin of Robin’s Bite!
I’m fairly old school when it comes to recipes….I’ve got 4 key indicators of a good recipe:
- the final product has to taste good -yes, this is my #1
- the ingredients have to provide nutritional benefits to me and my family
- the ingredients must be simple to find and the directions easy to follow
- easy clean up
This recipe has all of that and more.
- All I can say is I wish my blog had taste-o-vision. This recipe is a go-to for my son and me for breakfast and snacks. The added cinnamon gives the yogurt a depth of flavor that’s a surprise to many.
- The main ingredients are packed with health. The strawberries are naturally sweet, but low in sugar (only 7 grams per cup) and provide the perfect combo of essential nutrients, dietary fiber and health-promoting phytochemicals. In fact, there’s only 45 calories in 8 strawberries-it’s safe to say I consumed about 8 while making this recipe. Yes, the honey adds sugar, but you can decide how much or how little you’d like to add, if any.
I had all of the ingredients in my house! If I didn’t, I could find them easily at the grocery store and could purchase them at a reasonable cost.
4. One bowl. One spoon. Need I say more?
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek Yogurt
- 1½ tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1½ tsp honey, divided
- ¼ cup fresh California strawberries, chopped
- Place yogurt in a serving bowl. Add in 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon honey and mix well. Top with chopped strawberries and drizzle with remaining honey. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.