Break the breakfast blues with this easy, and delicious, Strawberry and Cinnamon Bowl recipe from Robin Plotkin of Robin’s Bite! PLUS, a $100 Target giveaway below.
I’m fairly old school when it comes to recipes….I’ve got 4 key indicators of a good recipe:
- the final product has to taste good -yes, this is my #1
- the ingredients have to provide nutritional benefits to me and my family
- the ingredients must be simple to find and the directions easy to follow
- easy clean up
This recipe has all of that and more.
- All I can say is I wish my blog had taste-o-vision. This recipe is a go-to for my son and me for breakfast and snacks. The added cinnamon gives the yogurt a depth of flavor that’s a surprise to many.
- The main ingredients are packed with health. The strawberries are naturally sweet, but low in sugar (only 7 grams per cup) and provide the perfect combo of essential nutrients, dietary fiber and health-promoting phytochemicals. In fact, there’s only 45 calories in 8 strawberries-it’s safe to say I consumed about 8 while making this recipe. Yes, the honey adds sugar, but you can decide how much or how little you’d like to add, if any.
I had all of the ingredients in my house! If I didn’t, I could find them easily at the grocery store and could purchase them at a reasonable cost.
4. One bowl. One spoon. Need I say more?
Strawberry Cinnamon Bowl Recipe
1 cup Greek Yogurt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons honey, divided
1/4 cup fresh California strawberries, chopped
Place yogurt in a serving bowl. Add in 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon honey and mix well. Top with chopped strawberries and drizzle with remaining honey – and sprinkle remaining cinnamon.
Makes 1 serving
Spring Giveaway! $100 Target Gift Card
Did you know? CA strawberries are more than just a pretty face.
They’re actually nutritional powerhouses that make eating healthy … easy!
Enter our giveaway below and share your favorite strawberry fun fact
for a chance to win a $100 Target gift card.
PLUS, share the 8-a-day image below (tweet, post or pin) to earn bonus entries!
Rules: Must be a U.S. Citizen, at least 18 years old and not an employee of California Strawberry Commission or an immediate family member of a Commission employee (husband/wife, child, sibling) to enter. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Google+. Participant releases Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, California Strawberry Commission and its agencies or representatives of any liability. Entries will be judged on creativity and selected by California Strawberry Commission. California Strawberry Commission reserves the right to disqualify an entry for any reason, at any time. By participating in this contest, participant grants sponsor permission to use his/her name, likeness, and photograph and/or video, submitted as an entry in this contest, for promotional purposes in connection with this contest without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless restricted by law. With all entries, you must note that your tweet, post, video or photo share is an entry into a contest (examples: #contest, I just entered a contest, etc.). By entering, you understand that your email will be added to California Strawberry Commission’s newsletter database, with an option for you to opt out in all related emails. No purchase necessary.