Looking for a fun way to get your 8 strawberries a day in? Try these strawberry hibiscus popsicles from The Other Side of The Tortilla!
Strawberries are available all year-round and are bursting with antioxidants, vital nutrients and dietary fiber. Now, who wants a popsicle? You’re in for a healthy treat!
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 3 tbsp brown rice syrup
- ½ cup water or coconut water
- Clean and hull 2 cups of fresh strawberries. Dry them off and put them in a plastic bag or on a small tray in the freezer for an hour.
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of water and ½ cup dried hibiscus flowers to a boil. Turn heat down slightly and gently boil for 4-5 minutes, then remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature.
- Once the juice is room temperature, pour through a fine mesh sieve into a measuring cup. Press the flowers to get all the juice out. You should have about ½ cup concentrated juice. Discard the flowers. Set aside until your strawberries come out of the freezer.
- Add strawberries, hibiscus juice, 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup and ½ cup water or coconut water to a blender and blend on high until you have a smooth consistency.
- Pour into popsicle molds, filling them only ¾ of the way to the top. Freeze for at least 8 hours, or until fully frozen.
- Notes: To loosen the popsicles from the molds, run the bottom of the molds under cool or lukewarm water for a few minutes. They should slide right out.