Chocolate Dipped Strawberries are the quintessential strawberry dessert. This iconic treat is perfect for all occasions, and has been known to make appearances at Valentine’s Day, birthdays, anniversary parties, job promotions, holidays, and even just a regular ol’ week night – they’re so easy to make, no special occasion required! Combining the decadent flavors of three different kinds of chocolate, the crunch of chopped nuts, and the sweet juiciness of fresh strawberries, this anytime snack or dessert is both fun to make and delicious to eat.
- 2, 1-pound clamshells of California strawberries
- ½ cup each semisweet, milk, and white chocolate chips
- Finely chopped toasted almonds or pistachios (optional)
- Line large baking sheet with waxed paper. Rinse strawberries and pat dry with paper towels.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Holding strawberry by stem end, dip into chocolate to cover about three-fourths of berry; dip into nuts, if desired, and lay on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining strawberries, chocolate and nuts. Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Makes about 8 servings (3 strawberries per serving)
- After first coating of chocolate is set, dip into contrasting chocolate, leaving part of the first chocolate exposed. Repeat with third chocolate, if you wish, allowing each layer to set between dips.
- Microwave chocolate in small plastic bag until melted; squeeze into one corner of bag. Lay strawberries close together on baking sheet. With scissors, cut a small hole in corner of bag, and move back and forth over strawberries, squeezing bag gently. Or, drizzle contrasting chocolate over strawberries that have been dipped. Refrigerate until set..