If you’re thinking about a romantic meal for Valentine’s Day or just an extra special treat for someone you care about, there aren’t a lot of foods that say ‘I love you’ better than this Strawberry Heart Salad – red, heart-shaped, strawberries to show some love – it’s the sweetest thing.
For that very reason, we asked the lovely dietitian and YouTube sensation, Abbey Sharpe, to share her thoughts about what to serve – and what NOT to serve – on Valentine’s Day. Ladies, she’s got some great tips, especially for the guys, so go check out the video and then share with yours – hey, we can all use a little advice from time to time.
Valentine’s Recipe and Giveaway
In case you missed the recipe for Abbey’s romantic Strawberry and Cucumber Salad, you can find the details below.
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large English cucumber, shaved using a vegetable peeler or mandolin
- 1½ cups strawberries, hulled, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp chevre, if desired
- Heat the balsamic vinegar over medium high heat until it has reduced to a thick syrup, about 5-7 minutes.
- Place the cucumber on a plate, top with strawberries, almonds, and chevre (if using) and season with salt and pepper to taste