If you like a little something sweet for breakfast (or any time of day really), then this Strawberry Chocolate Chip Crêpe recipe is for you! California strawberries and chocolate chips fold into delicate crêpes and are topped with a sweet strawberry Grand Marnier sauce.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Crepe
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
Strawberry Grand Marnier Sauce
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 2 lbs fresh California strawberries stemmed
- 6 Tbsp Grand Marnier
- 1 lb cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz fresh California strawberries sliced
- 1½ cups 3 sticks butter
To make Strawberry Grand Marnier Sauce:
- In saucepan, heat sugar and orange juice until sugar dissolves; cool.
- In blender, puree strawberries with orange juice mixture and Grand Marnier. Strain.
To assemble Crêpes:
- In electric mixer with paddle attachment, mix cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips; mix just until chips are evenly incorporated.
- Lay 1 crêpe on work surface. Place 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture in center of crêpe, top with 3 or 4 slices strawberry. Fold up bottom edge of crêpe, fold in both sides and roll up to form a rectangular package.
- Repeat with remaining crêpes. Refrigerate, covered.
For each serving, to order:
- In sauté pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat.
- Cook 2 crêpes about 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and warmed through.
- Place crêpes on plate; spoon ¼ cup Strawberry-Grand Marnier Sauce on top. Garnish with sliced strawberries.