We love this healthy snack created just for California Strawberries by Chef Ryan Scott. Don’t miss his video for these Strawberry Coconut Energy Bites that shows how easy they are to make!
Strawberry Coconut Energy Bites
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅔ cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup raw almonds
- 1 Tbsp flax seed
- 4 medjool dates pitted
- 10 dried figs stem removed
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup unsweetened toasted coconut for rolling
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients (except the toasted coconut for rolling) and pulse until well minced and combined. The mixture should look the texture of cookie dough.
- Let the mixture sit for a few minutes (if you can spare the time, let it sit overnight to let those oats really soak up the moisture.)
- Using a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon, scoop rounded bite-sized balls about 1 ½ inches in diameter and roll them in the coconut until well coated. They are ready to eat or take on the go! Store these protein-packed babies in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze them and pull a few out whenever you need a quick filling snack on your way out the door.