Strawberry Silly Faces
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 12 large California strawberries
- ½ cantaloupe
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Remove the stems from all the berries and cut just a little off the base so that they sit flat with their points straight up. Using the small end of a melon baller, remove a ball from the lower half of each upside-down strawberry. Then, using a small paring knife, lop off the very tip of each berry for the “hat.”
- Using the same melon baller, make 12 cantaloupe balls and insert one in each strawberry hole. Set the berries aside while you make the whipped cream.
- Combine the cream, sugar and vanilla in a stand mixer (or in a bowl and use a hand mixer) and whip to medium stiff peaks. Put the whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with a small tip (or use a ziplock bag with the corner snipped off) and pipe swirls of silly “hair” on top of each berry under their “hats.”
- Microwave the chocolate in 15 second intervals until completely melted. Pour melted chocolate into a paper cone (or a small ziplock bag with just the tiniest corner snipped off) and pipe little silly faces on the melon face of each berry. Get creative here; add a little bowtie or pompom on top of the hats!