Our Thai Pork Kebabs & California Strawberry Quinoa Salad is a great way to enjoy juicy red strawberries as part of a light and refreshing meal.
Thai Pork Kebabs & California Strawberry Quinoa Salad
Serves: 8 servings
Thai Pork Kebabs
- 1 cup hulled and quartered California strawberries
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into ¼-inch x 4-inch strips
- 16 bamboo skewers
Strawberry Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup dry quinoa, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- ¼ cup minced sweet yellow onion
- 1 cup finely shredded Napa cabbage
- ½ cup finely diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced California strawberries
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup hulled and quartered California strawberries
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped, optional
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
To make Thai Pork Kebabs
- Place strawberries, orange juice, cinnamon, cumin and cayenne pepper in the work bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth. Pour into a medium mixing bowl. Add pork strips, stirring to coat all sides. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Immerse skewers in water for 20-30 minutes (this will keep skewers from burning).
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat. Thread pork onto skewers and grill for 3 minutes. Turn and grill for an additional 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
To make the Strawberry Quinoa Salad:
- Place quinoa in a large bowl. Add onion, cabbage, cucumber, and strawberries; stir gently to combine.
To make the dressing:
- Place all dressing ingredients in the work bowl of a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- Place kebabs over Strawberry Quinoa Salad and drizzle with Dressing.
- Garnish with peanuts and serve with a lime wedge for squeezing.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Serving size: 2 skewers with salad Calories: 225 kcal Fat: 8 g Saturated fat: 2 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 20 g Sugar: 4 g Sodium: 195 mg Fiber: 3 g Protein: 19 g Cholesterol: 41 mg
Check out more California Strawberry Recipes here!