When it comes to healthy eating, there seems to be so many complicated ideas on how to actually execute. Fortunately, healthy eating can be easy and doable, thanks to simply adding a single serving of California Strawberries: 8 A Day, 8 ways.
Clinical research suggests eating just a serving of eight strawberries is good for the whole body, promoting heart health, diabetes management, supporting brain health, and reducing the risk of some cancers.
How can you get in 8 strawberries every day? Easy. Here’s 8 ways to eat 8 strawberries a day:
- Overnight Strawberry Oats: In a medium-size mason jar, combine 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, 3/4 cup milk and 8 chopped strawberries. Cover and chill overnight in the fridge. Enjoy for a grab and go filling breakfast.
- Strawberry Yogurt Parfait: Top 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with 8 chopped or sliced strawberries and 1/4 cup granola.
- Smoothie: Blend 1/2 cup ice, 1 banana, 8 strawberries and 3/4 cup milk (more if needed).
- Salad: Top spring mix with grilled chicken, sliced almonds, crumbled goat cheese and 8 sliced strawberries. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar for dressing.
- PB & Strawberry Roll-Up: Layer a whole grain, high fiber wrap with 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter and sliced strawberries. Roll up and slice into pinwheels.
- Cottage Cheese & Strawberries: Top 3/4 cup cottage cheese with 8 sliced or diced strawberries.
- Crackers, Avocado & Strawberries: Top large whole grain crackers with mashed avocado and sliced strawberries.
- Strawberry Flatbread: Top mini whole grain naan with fresh basil, sliced strawberries, and fresh mozzarella slices. Broil for 1-2 minutes, watching carefully. Drizzle with a balsamic reduction.
If you’ve never tried some of these combos, I’m telling you that it’s time!
Overnight oats are so easy to make, so easy to eat the next day and so darn delicious. The natural sweetness of delicious strawberries are really all the flavor you need.
The PB & Strawberry roll-up answers that long debated question, “Should I use jelly or does it have too much sugar?” Problem solved by using naturally sweet, and low in sugar, California strawberries.
While you might not know that avocado and strawberry go fantastic together, you will after trying them on a tasty cracker. This is the perfect afternoon pick-me-up snack.
And the flatbread…the flatbread!!! It’s strawberry magic. The balsamic reduction (I found it already made at the grocery store) is the icing on the cake, or the flatbread. This is a meal or appetizer you can have ready in under 10 minutes.
I’ve found that many of these ideas have become staples in our week as whether school time or the summer months. Thankfully, strawberries are available year-round!
Don’t forget to check out more of our recipes for delicious ideas!