Bacon + Strawberry Stuffed Pancakes
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1½ cups skim milk with 1 Tbsp of white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extra
- 2 large eggs
- 6-8 strawberries
- 6-8 bacon strips cooked, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Tbsp canola oil for cooking pancakes
- Extra butter for tops of pancakes
- Maple syrup
- Before starting pancakes: chop strawberries, cook and chop bacon.
- In mixing bowl or bowl of stand mixer, whisk together both flours, baking powder, 2 Tbsp sugar and salt; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine milk and vinegar and let sit for a few minutes. To the milk add vanilla extract, melted butter; stir.
- On medium speed, pour milk mixture into flour mixture and beat for about 30 seconds until blended; scrape down sides with spatula.
- On medium speed, add eggs, one at a time, and continue to beat until fully combined (15-30 seconds). Batter should have a little thicker consistency then cake batter.
- While batter is settling, wipe heavy bottom skillet with a little canola oil and butter. Heat on medium low until pan is hot. Test heat with a baby pancake for readiness.
- Pour batter in pan with a ladle or cookie scoop. Gently drop a few pieces of strawberries and bacon in the center.
- Once a bubble forms and pops in the center of the pancake, flip.
- Put a little butter (about 1 Tbsp) on the top of each pancake as you stack them.
- To serve, layer with more chopped strawberries and back in between layers and drizzle with butter and about 2 Tbsp maple syrup.