A cool and refreshing Strawberry Smoothie recipe made with California Strawberries. Who doesn’t love a refreshing, sweet and healthy smoothie made with just the right ingredients? It’s amazing the different ways they can be made. One of the best things that has happened to smoothies recently is that we’re learning just how tasty the addition of veggies can be. What’s most fascinating is that adding veggies doesn’t detract from the sweetness of smoothies when the right ingredients and proportions are added. This smoothie, created by registered dietitian Sylvia Klinger, is a perfect example with a combination of strawberries and vibrant and healthy beets. The taste is as wonderful as the color! Enjoy!
Cool Red Strawberry Smoothie
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 cup 100% grape juice or pomegranate juice
- 4 lemon peels
- 5 cups fresh strawberries stemmed
- 6 to 8 fresh mint leaves
- 1 medium fresh beet cooked or canned
- 1 large carrot cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp honey optional
- In a large blender, blend fruit together until smooth. For a sorbet consistency use whole frozen strawberries.