Roasted Pears with Strawberry Relish make for a delicious, fruit-based dessert loaded with natural sweetness. California strawberries shine in the slightly spicy cranberry-ginger relish that is the perfect topping for warm, buttery roasted pears.
Roasted Pears with Strawberry Relish
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- ⅔ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbsp crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 4 ripe pears
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- In microwave, heat cranberry sauce in large bowl for 2 minutes, or heat in saucepan over low heat until warm.
- Stir in strawberries, pecans, ginger and orange zest. Keep warm.
- Peel pears; cut in half.
- With spoon, scoop out seeds and enough flesh to make a large cavity. Place pears on baking sheet, cut side up, and brush with butter. Turn pears over and brush with butter again.
- Place under broiler until pears start to brown; turn pears over with spatula and broil cut sides until they start to brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from oven and fill cavity of each pear half with ¼ cup Strawberry Relish.