Batidos, also known as licuados, are handmade blended beverages popular in Latin America. Similar to smoothies, they are typically made with fruit, milk, and ice. This Strawberry Papaya Batido by Sylvia Klinger, RD is especially refreshing! Both strawberries and papayas are excellent sources of vitamin C, plus strawberries are loaded with antioxidants that protect against cardiovascular disease and cancer while also improving gut health.
- 1 cup California strawberries, whole, stemmed
- 1 cup (½ medium) papaya, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 can (12 fluid oz) low-fat evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp low-fat sweetened condensed milk (optional)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- In blender, combine all ingredients. Blend on high speed until frothy.