Paletas are traditional Mexican fresh-fruit ices with a water or milk base. These beautiful Strawberry Paletas, created by Vianney Rodriguez at Sweet Life, are a refreshing treat for a hot summer day!
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 4 cups of fresh strawberries washed, stems removed and sliced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups non-fat vanilla yogurt
- To a large bowl, add fresh strawberries and vanilla extract. Slightly mash berries to extract some juice, but still maintain a thick consistency.
- Spoon mashed berries into paleta mold; place in freezer to firm for about an hour.
- Once the berries have firmed, spoon vanilla yogurt over berries and return to freezer for an additional hour to firm.
- Once yogurt layer is firm finish off paletas with another layer of mashed berries and return to freezer for another hour or overnight, until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, run paleta mold under warm water to help loosen the paletas. Serve immediately or place on platter with ice to keep chilled.