This is an incredibly moist dark chocolate olive oil cake, flavored with a touch of espresso and topped with chocolate glaze and fresh strawberries. This is a classic cake that is sure to be the perfect centerpiece for any family gathering! Enjoy! Recipe by Emily Laurae.
Dark Chocolate & Strawberry Bundt Cake
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Bundt Cake Pan
Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp hot water
- 2 fl.oz. hot espresso
- ¾ cup dark chocolate melted
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease Bundt pan using a baking spray with flour.
- Add dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, olive oil, vanilla and eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, whisking to combine.
- Incorporate hot water and espresso to the wet ingredients, whisking until everything is incorporated.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan – make sure not to overfill. The Bundt pan should be no more than 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Let the cake cool in the Bundt pan for 15 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.
- Using a small whisk, combine chocolate and powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, drizzle glaze on top and add strawberries before serving!