This dessert by Alejandra of Brown Sugar and Vanilla is the perfect combination of strawberries and coconut. It is creamy, sweet, and the flavor combination will make you feel like you’re on a tropical island.
Fresa Colada Mousse
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and stemmed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 -14 oz can of coconut cream
- 1 ¼ to 1 ¾ raw cashews soaked for at least three hours to overnight
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup diced strawberries
For the Strawberry Puree:
- Blend the strawberries with the sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
For the Mousse:
- Blend the coconut cream, soaked cashews, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla until creamy. The mix will be thick.
- Divide the mix into 4 wine glasses or dessert bowls.
- Pour the strawberry puree over each coconut mousse and slowly mix with a fork to create swirls.
- Put in the fridge for three hours to overnight.
- Top with the diced strawberries before serving.