- 3 Tortillas (either whole wheat or gluten-free if preferred)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar, divided (1 tsp for berries, 2 tsps for whipping cream)
- tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups fresh strawberries (makes 2 cups diced strawberries)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- 1/2 c nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 triangles using a pizza cutter or knife. You can also stack all three tortillas to cut them all at once.
- Place tortillas on baking sheet (remember to use non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper).
- Put butter in a bowl and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl using a spoon.
- Lightly brush the tortilla wedges with melted butter on both sides, and then sprinkle with the mixture of cinnamon sugar on both sides.
- Using your cutting board, dice the strawberries (mix with 1 tsp. of sugar and 1 tsp. of lemon juice, if desired.)
- Place in oven, set timer for 5 minutes. Flip the cinnamon chips, bake another 5 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of the whipping cream and 2 tsp. of sugar. into a bowl and whip cream on low for 30 seconds using a stand-mixer, hand-mixer or by hand with a whisk. Scrape down the sides, then keep whipping until soft peaks form, another 1-2 minutes.
- With cutting board, dice the strawberries (mix with 1 tsp. of sugar and 1 tsp. of lemon juice, if desired.)
- Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave for about 1 minute watching them carefully and stirring occasionally. (Note: If you melt the chocolate in advance, it thickens up too much). Tip: Add a drizzle of olive oil to the chocolate (!) and it will thin it out for drizzling and also help it harden a little like Magic Shell; Remove the tortilla chips from the oven.
- To plate the nachos: Start with a layer of chips; drizzle with chocolate; top with strawberries; add whipped cream; drizzle with a little more chocolate. Optional: Add chopped nuts like walnuts, if you’d like.