Peak California strawberry season is here, and just in time to for Mother’s Day! The arrival of sweet, heart-shaped, red strawberries couldn’t be timelier as we start to think about the perfect treat for mom.
To help you celebrate the day, we are sharing eight of our favorite strawberry recipe picks for Mother’s Day. Whether you’re thinking of serving mom a strawberry breakfast in bed, mixing up a summery cocktail, or adding a colorful pop to a special brunch, these strawberry favorites will make any mom feel loved.
8 Strawberry Recipe Ideas for Mother’s Day
1. Fresh Strawberry Roses: Make a bouquet of “roses” with fresh strawberries. This bouquet is as beautiful to look at as it is sweet to eat! Arrange in a beautiful glass or vase, or hand a few “stems” to mom first thing in the morning.
3. Strawberry & Burrata Toast: If you’ve got little ones and don’t have a lot of time to cook up something elaborate, but still want to create something special, try this toasty treat that will only take a few minutes to whip up.
4. Strawberry Basil Pesto Tartlets: Maybe mom just wants an elegant appetizer before dinner, or a little something on the lighter side to enjoy with a cocktail. If that’s the case, these little strawberry appys fit the bill!
5. Strawberry Bourbon Smash: It’s 6:45 p.m. and mom has been celebrated all day. Now she’s ready to chill on the patio or curl up on the couch for a movie. This strawberry bourbon cocktail is sure to kickstart that relaxation and give the moment a little extra sweetness.
6. Strawberry French Toast Bake: Ok, so you’re going for a full-blown brunch because everybody’s had a way too much coffee and nobody needs to get hangry on Mother’s Day. Whip up this French Toast bake, pop it in the oven and watch it disappear.
7. Chocolate-Dipped Fresh Strawberry Hearts: Show mom some love with these adorable little strawberry hearts. Strawberries plus chocolate is a win-win no matter how you enjoy that combo, but these special little hearts will surely melt mom’s heart.