Create your own edible roses with California strawberries! Use strawberry roses to garnish desserts or create a “bouquet” as a gift for your loved ones.
- 12 California Strawberries
- Wash strawberries and pat them dry.
- Hold the strawberry in your non-dominant hand from the stem, so that the strawberry is facing upwards.
- Starting about halfway down the strawberry, slice about ¾ inch (length will vary depending on size of strawberrdown on the side of the strawberry to create a “petal.”
- Before removing the knife, use it to gently curl the “petal” outwards by pressing it back.
- Repeat on the other three sides of the strawberry to create four base “petals.”
- Repeat this process for the row above the base, cutting between the existing “petals” so that they are staggered. Curl each petal back with the knife.
- Continue to create staggered “petals” until you reach the top of the strawberry.
- Slit the top of the strawberry to create a rose “bud.”
- Gently push back each of the “petals” to create your desired rose shape.
- Once the rose is completely, push the pointy end of a skewer into the bottom of the strawberry until it feels secure. Adjust petals as needed.
- Repeat this process with as many strawberries as you would like to create a rose “bouquet.”