These individual mini tarts have sweet sliced California strawberries fanned out on a lemony light and airy whipped cheesecake filling. Paired with a super easy gluten-free almond flour crust, this is a recipe everyone can enjoy! Recipe by Sarah of Snixy Kitchen.
Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Mini Tarts with Almond Flour Crust
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to Collection
- mini tart pans
- Hand mixer or stand mixer with paddle & whisk attachments
Almond Flour Crust
- 2 cups super fine blanched almond flour, sifted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened slightly and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 large egg yolk room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Filling
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled
- ⅓ cup heavy cream, whipped
- ½ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zested
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated sugar, for serving
For the crust:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, add the almond flour, sugar, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add the butter cubes, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. With the mixer on medium-low, beat until the dough begins to clump and the butter has been completely combined, about 2-4 minutes.
- Divide the dough into the bottom of 4-inch tart pans with a removable bottom. Press the dough evenly into the pan, starting with the sides and then moving to the bottom. The crust will be between ⅛ and ¼-inch thick with the top edges squared off.
- Prick the bottom a few times with a fork, place on a baking sheet, and chill in the freezer until firm, 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. When the tart shells are firm, bake on the middle rack for 15-17 minutes, or until it has just begun to turn very light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and while the crust is still hot, use the back of a spoon or bottom of glass to gently press down on the sides and bottom to help hold it together as it cools.
- Let cool completely while you prepare the filling.
For the filling:
- Prepare the strawberries. Slice them 1/8-inch thick, keeping the slices organized by size. Reserve 4 whole small strawberries for the center.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, whip the cream on medium-high speed until it begins to get frothy. Add the powdered sugar and mix until it forms soft pillowy peaks. To continue using the stand mixer, transfer the whipped cream to a bowl and set aside.
- Without cleaning the stand mixer bowl, add the soft cream cheese and beat on medium-high speed using the paddle attachment (or a hand mixer) until soft and smooth. Beat in the vanilla, lemon zest, and salt.
- With the mixer on medium-low speed, slowly add the whipped cream, mixing until just combined and completely smooth.
- When the crusts are cool, remove them from the tart pan and divide the whipped cheesecake filling among each one.
- Top with strawberry slices, starting with larger slices on the outer edge and fanning inward with smaller slices. Place a whole strawberry in the center. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, sprinkle ¼ teaspoon sugar over the top of the strawberries.