Strawberry PB&J Sandwich Cookies
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
For the peanut butter cookies:
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp butter melted and cooled
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
For the strawberry filling:
- 2 cups fresh strawberries chopped
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for peanut butter cookies and whisk together until fully combined.
- Divide dough into 16 balls and place evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use a fork to flatten the cookies.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes.
- While the cookies bake, make your strawberry filling. In a small saucepan, add chopped strawberries, water, honey and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes, occasionally mashing strawberries to break them down into a thick mixture.
- Remove strawberry filling from heat, add to a freezer-safe bowl and let cool down in the freezer for 15-20 mins.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool on a wire rack until cool to the touch and set aside.
- For each sandwich cookie, spread 3 tablespoons of filling on the bottom of a peanut butter cookie, then top with another cookie.