Strawberry Margarita Slushy
Prep Time 5 minutes
Freezing Time 6 hours
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 3 Tablespoons organic sugar
- Margarita salt
Kitchen Equipment Required: blender, shallow container for freezing, cocktail glasses Technique Tip: Don’t worry about the slushy getting too hard in the freezer; alcohol and sugar cannot freeze hard the way water does so the mixture will always stay blendable and somewhat soft, no matter how long you keep it in the freezer. It wouldn’t be a terrible idea to make a large batch and keep it in the freezer to blend up whenever the mood strikes, all summer long. Swap Option: If you don’t like tequila, make a blended strawberry Tom Collins by substituting gin for tequila and lemon for the lime.
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend on high speed until completely smooth. Pour into a shallow container and freeze for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight, until completely solid.
- Scoop the frozen slushy into the blender again and blend just until it smooths out, less than 30seconds.
- Use a slice of lime to wet the rim of your cocktail glasses and dip the glass into a saucer of
- margarita salt. Pour the slushy into your prepared glass and garnish with a slice of lime, a
- strawberry and a sprig of mint. Serve immediately!