Strawberry Stuffed Pancakes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 Pancakes
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ Tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 large egg egg white and yolk separated
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup California strawberries hulled and chopped
- Preheat oven to its lowest setting and insert a large baking sheet. You’ll use this to keep pancakes warm while you flip more.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Separate the egg and whisk the yolk along with the vanilla extract and buttermilk. Set the white aside to add later.
- Add the buttermilk egg mixture and melted butter to the flour and fold together with a rubber spatula until a few clumps remain. Give the egg white a whisk with a fork then fold it into the batter, mixing until combined, but a few clumps still remain. Be careful not to over mix.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over low heat and coat with cooking spray or ghee. Scoop a heaping ¼ cup of batter into the preheated skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, until it begins to bubble in the middle and the bottom edges begin to brown.
- Sprinkle chopped strawberries over the top of the pancake; then use a thin rubber spatula to flip the pancake. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the bottom is browned and the pancake springs back when poked in the center. Transfer to the baking sheet in the oven to keep warm and repeat until you’ve made all of the pancakes.
Serving: 2 pancakes | Calories: 410kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 979mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13gPrint