The ricotta mixture is flavorful enough on it’s own thanks to lemon zest and juice, but the real star of the show is the sauce composed of balsamic roasted strawberries. Roasting brings out the sweetness of all fruits and vegetables and when you take an already naturally sweet fruit like strawberries and roast it, you’ve upped the ante. You should probably make a double batch of these strawberries so you have some leftover for your holiday party dessert! Top the whole dish off with some fresh mint, shredded Parmesan, and toasted hazlenuts for a nutty crunch.
Lemon Ricotta Ravioli with Balsamic Roasted Strawberries
Lemon Ricotta Ravioli
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 26 wonton wrappers
Balsamic Roasted Strawberries
- 1 lb California strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
For Serving (optional)
- ¼ cup halved hazelnuts toasted
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh mint leaves
To make Lemon Ricotta Ravioli:
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine ricotta, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Working with one wonton wrapper at a time, spoon 1½ teaspoons of ricotta filling into the center of wrapper. Moisten edges of the wrapper with water. Fold wrapper in half, bringing two corners together to form a triangle. Press edges firmly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and ricotta filling.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Lower heat so water is simmering. Gently add half the ravioli to the water, give a gentle stir so the ravioli don't all settle at the bottom, and cook about 3 minutes. Carefully remove ravioli with a slotted spoon. Repeat with remaining ravioli.
To make Balsamic Roasted Strawberries:
- Preheat oven to roast at 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss together quartered strawberries, sugar, and balsamic vinegar. Spread on prepared baking sheet. Roast 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Top ravioli with the roasted strawberries, a sprinkling of toasted hazelnuts, shredded Parmesan, and mint leaves.