St. Patrick’s Day Strawberries
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 12 large California strawberries
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- green sprinkles
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 2-3 drops of green food coloring *Green candy melts can be used instead of white chocolate and food coloring.
- Wash the strawberries and pat them dry. Line a baking sheet and set it aside.
- Add dark chocolate chips to a double boiler or a bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water. Melt the chocolate for about 5 minutes, stirring until it is smooth. If using a microwave, heat for 30-second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is melted.
- Dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate, so that it is covered almost up to the stem. Gently place them on the baking sheet after dipping. Leave a few berries out to dip in the white chocolate.
- Add sprinkles to some of the strawberries immediately after dipping.
- Place the chocolate-covered strawberries in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to set.
- Add the white chocolate chips to a double boiler over medium heat. Melt the white chocolate for about 5 minutes, stirring until it is smooth. If using a microwave, heat for 30-second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is melted.
- Place about half of the melted white chocolate in a piping bag and cut a small hole in one corner. Pipe a white drizzle onto the strawberries.
- Dip any remaining plain strawberries into the white chocolate and cover with green sprinkles.
- Add green food coloring to the remaining white chocolate. Put the green mixture into a new piping bag and add a green drizzle onto the dark chocolate strawberries.
- Place the dipped berries back in the refrigerator for another 10 minutes, or until you are ready to serve.