These festive St. Patrick’s Day dipped strawberries are as fun to make as they are to eat! It’s the perfect DIY for the entire family.
St. Patrick’s Day Strawberries
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Cooling Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 12 Strawberries
Calories: 274kcalPrint Recipe
- 12 large California strawberries
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- green sprinkles
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 2-3 drops of green food coloring *Green candy melts can be used instead of white chocolate and food coloring.
- Wash the strawberries and pat them dry. Line a baking sheet and set it aside.
- Add dark chocolate chips to a double boiler or a bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water. Melt the chocolate for about 5 minutes, stirring until it is smooth. If using a microwave, heat for 30-second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is melted.
- Dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate, so that it is covered almost up to the stem. Gently place them on the baking sheet after dipping. Leave a few berries out to dip in the white chocolate.
- Add sprinkles to some of the strawberries immediately after dipping.
- Place the chocolate-covered strawberries in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to set.
- Add the white chocolate chips to a double boiler over medium heat. Melt the white chocolate for about 5 minutes, stirring until it is smooth. If using a microwave, heat for 30-second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is melted.
- Place about half of the melted white chocolate in a piping bag and cut a small hole in one corner. Pipe a white drizzle onto the strawberries.
- Dip any remaining plain strawberries into the white chocolate and cover with green sprinkles.
- Add green food coloring to the remaining white chocolate. Put the green mixture into a new piping bag and add a green drizzle onto the dark chocolate strawberries.
- Place the dipped berries back in the refrigerator for another 10 minutes, or until you are ready to serve.
Serving: 2 berries | Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 7mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g