Rich and creamy Cuban-style French toast made with Cuban bread, strawberry sauce, and homemade whipped cream. A quick and easy 8-ingredient brunch recipe for the entire family! Recipe by A Sassy Spoon.
Strawberries & Cream Torrejas
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 1- inch-thick slices of Cuban bread (or similar like French bread or Challah.
- In a medium saucepan, add strawberries, sugar, and water. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes until the berries have softened. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat one cup of heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- In a large baking dish, whisk eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, and remaining heavy whipping cream.
- Soak each slice of bread in the egg mixture, making sure to evenly coat on both sides.
- Coat a hot skillet with cooking spray. Place each slice of soaked bread on the skillet and cook at medium-high heat until golden brown, about two minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Top the toast with strawberries and whipped cream and enjoy immediately.
You can substitute Cuban bread for French bread, or similar.
Serving: 2 slices | Calories: 723kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 275mg | Sodium: 568mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin C: 50mg