If summer could spill onto a plate, it might just look like this Strawberry, Summer Corn and Zucchini Salad created by Ellise from Cowgirl Chef. There’s no reason to limit strawberries to the dessert tray. Sweet with a bit of acidity, California strawberries can easily star in savory dishes, too. This light and summery salad is the perfect example. It also features two of the season’s other big players: corn and zucchini.
Strawberry, Summer Corn & Zucchini Salad
Strawberry and Zucchini Salad
- 4 large zucchini
- 10 to 12 California strawberries
- 2 ears fresh corn
- Champagne vinaigrette recipe follows
- 4 oz goat cheese
- A few mint leaves finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper
- ¼ cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped shallot
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
To make Strawberry and Zucchini Salad:
- With a handheld julienne slicer or spiralizer, make long skinny noodles out of your zucchini. Put in a medium serving bowl.
- Hull the strawberries, then dice them. I like to chop mine into smallish bits, about 1/4-inch. Add to the bowl with the zucchini noodles.
- Slice the kernels off of the corn cobs, and sprinkle on top of the zucchini and diced strawberries. Drizzle the Champagne vinaigrette on top, crumble the goat cheese and add this to the salad, too, along with the mint. Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
To make Champagne Vinaigrette:
- Put the first 4 ingredients in an old jam jar and give it a shake to blend. Add the oil and shake again. Taste for seasonings. Will keep in the fridge for about a week.