Strawberry Brie Bruschetta? That’s right, you heard correctly! You may have only ever had bruschetta with a tomato-based topping, but we’re challenging you to open up your taste buds to this slightly savory, slightly sweet strawberry and brie combination that makes this bruschetta out of this world! Strawberries are a natural substitute to many traditionally tomato dishes, as the two ingredients are similar in sweetness and acidity. Give this antipasto recipe a try, and before you know it, you’ll be using strawberries in all kinds of new ways!
Strawberry & Brie Bruschetta
- 12 slices French bread cut ½ inch thick
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 slices about 12 oz brie cheese
- 1½ pounds about 4 to 5 cups sliced stemmed California strawberries
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds toasted
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter and arrange, butter side up, on a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1 teaspoon over each slice of bread. Reserve remaining sugar mixture.
- Toast bread in oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and top each with 1 slice brie cheese.
- Return to oven for an additional 4 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine strawberries, vanilla and remaining sugar mixture; toss lightly.
- Place two bruschetta on each serving plate. Spoon 1/3 cup strawberry mixture over each; sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.