Display your beautifully dipped strawberry carrots in a spring garden! These juicy strawberries are covered in orange candy melts, then placed on a bed of chocolate cookie crumbs. They’re served in tiny terra-cotta pots and garnished with fresh herbs for extra garden charm! Recipe by Sugar and Charm.
Strawberry Carrots in a Spring Garden
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 Piping bag
- 8 (2-inch) terra-cotta pots
- 12 ounces orange Candy Melts
- 8 large strawberries
- 2 cups crushed chocolate cookies like dark chocolate Oreos
- 16 sprigs of fresh herbs thyme, mint, or stems from a strawberry plant
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir until all the Candy Melts are fully melted.
- Push a skewer into the top of a strawberry and fully dip the strawberry into the melted orange candy.
- Place the dipped strawberry on parchment paper to harden. Repeat process with the remainder of the strawberries and allow candy coating to harden for 5 minutes while preparing the piping bag.
- Transfer the rest of the melted candy melts into a piping bag.
- Cut a tiny hole at the bottom of the piping bag and pipe horizontal lines onto each strawberry to make it look like a carrot.
- Fill each terra-cotta pot with ¼ cup of the crushed cookies.
- Add two sprigs of fresh herbs to each pot, then place a strawberry on top of the crushed cookies.
- 1 wooden skewer
- Parchment paper