It’s always a good time for entertaining and I love using strawberries to create simple, light party snacks that my guests will love. I’m a firm believer that hosting gatherings should be fun for me in addition to the attendees so I never want to stress out over complicated appetizers. Fresh, flavorful ingredients are key. For this easy strawberry recipe, I’ve macerated sliced strawberries in citrus juice and paired them with ricotta cheese that’s full of flavorful herbs such as basil, mint and sage.
Strawberry Ricotta Crostini with Basil, Mint and Sage
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 15 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup packed fresh herbs, finely chopped (an even mix of mint, basil and sage); reserve two Tbsp for garnish
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 French whole grain (if available) baguette, sliced thin on a bias to make 20 slices
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and toast until crisp, 7-10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, mint, basil, sage, salt and pepper.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the strawberries and citrus juices. Cover each bowl and place them in the refrigerator for at least 60 minutes. Stir the berries occasionally.
- Spread a generous layer of the herbed ricotta onto each slice of bread. Top with 3-4 strawberries. Top with the fresh herbs.