These individual strawberry shortcake jars are perfect for picnics or party. Strawberries and cake combine in a fresh, sweet dessert that is a classic. Fresh strawberries are the star of this sweet treat. Recipe by Bella Bucchiotti.
Strawberry Shortcake Jars
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Mixer, jars with lids
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and the baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat just until fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Add in ½ of the sour cream and mix until combined. Repeat with the flour and the sour cream once more, then end by mixing in last 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking sheet and spread evenly. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven, cool completely and then cut into rounds using a cup or cookie cutter sized for the jars you will be using.
- In a bowl, mix together the strawberries and the sugar.
- Add the lemon juice. Mix well and let sit for about 20 minutes.
- Make the whipping cream with a mixer.
- Layer the cake rounds with cake, whipped cream and strawberries into cups or jars. Layer until full to top.