Bursting with strawberry flavor, these delicious Whole Wheat Strawberry Waffles are a breakfast for the whole family to love and enjoy! They’re super simple to create and a great way to make your morning feel special. Enjoy! Recipe by Emily Laurae.
Whole Wheat Strawberry Waffles
Yield: 8 Waffle Quarters
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Waffle Maker
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole strawberries
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat waffle iron while preparing the batter.
- Chop strawberries and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, kosher salt, and brown sugar.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the egg, whole milk and oil.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, stirring until combined. Then, add chopped strawberries and gently mix to combine.
- Cook the waffles as directed in the instructions that came with the waffle iron - this should take 3-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Serve each plate with two waffle quarters topped with ¼ cup strawberries and 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
Serving: 2 waffle quarters | Calories: 464kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 310mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin C: 42mg