Strawberry Ceviche Avocado Boats
Check out this unique – and tasty – strawberry ceviche avocado boats recipe from our friend Kendra Cordoza at Paleo Pazarazzi!
We’re always looking for new, unexpected ways to incorporate strawberries into our diets. Just one serving of eight strawberries is packed full of vitamin C, potassium, folate, fiber and antioxidants. How could we not want to enjoy eight strawberries a day?
- 1 lbs of raw shrimp, deveined (can use cooked)
- 3 ripe avocados
- ¾ c. strawberries, diced
- ½ c. white onion, diced
- 1-2 rounded tbsp. jalapeño, diced
- ½ c. lime juice (enough to cover shrimp so they cook evenly)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pit. Squeeze lime juice on top, sprinkle salt on them, place on a serving dish and set aside.
- Chop shrimp into bite sized pieces. In a medium, shallow container, add the shrimp, lime juice, strawberries, onions, cilantro and jalapeño. Let marinate until the shrimp is no longer see-through but opaque, about 10 to 20 minutes.
- After shrimp has marinated, add salt and pepper to taste and mix the ceviche well.
- Add the ceviche to the center of each avocado boat. Garnish with more cilantro, lime juice, strawberries and red pepper flakes if desired. Serve chilled.