Delicious Baja-style shrimp tacos are paired with an original strawberry coleslaw.
Baja Shrimp Tacos with Strawberry Coleslaw
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup green cabbage grated
- 1 cup red cabbage grated
- 1 jalapeño pepper chopped
- 10 mint leaves chopped
- 1 medium lime juiced
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup vegetable oil [for frying]
- 12 corn tortillas
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- In a mixing bowl, combine strawberries, cabbage, jalapeño, and mint. Mix together with lime juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, beat eggs for 2-3 minutes with a whisk. Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Add flour and breadcrumbs to separate shallow dishes. Coat shrimp with flour, then dip in beaten egg. Next, dip shrimp in breadcrumbs.
- In a pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Fry shrimp in hot oil until golden brown (2-3 minutes), making sure to turn shrimp for even frying. Remove and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Heat tortillas. Heat tortillas on a stovetop using, a nonstick pan.
- Once warm, lightly spread mayonnaise in each tortilla. Add three shrimp and garnish with strawberry coleslaw. Enjoy!