Delicious Baja-style shrimp tacos are paired with an original strawberry coleslaw.
Baja Shrimp Tacos with Strawberry Coleslaw
Yield: 12 Tacos
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup green cabbage grated
- 1 cup red cabbage grated
- 1 jalapeño pepper chopped
- 10 mint leaves chopped
- 1 medium lime juiced
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup vegetable oil [for frying]
- 12 corn tortillas
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- In a mixing bowl, combine strawberries, cabbage, jalapeño, and mint. Mix together with lime juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, beat eggs for 2-3 minutes with a whisk. Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Add flour and breadcrumbs to separate shallow dishes. Coat shrimp with flour, then dip in beaten egg. Next, dip shrimp in breadcrumbs.
- In a pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Fry shrimp in hot oil until golden brown (2-3 minutes), making sure to turn shrimp for even frying. Remove and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Heat tortillas. Heat tortillas on a stovetop using, a nonstick pan.
- Once warm, lightly spread mayonnaise in each tortilla. Add three shrimp and garnish with strawberry coleslaw. Enjoy!
Alternative way to heat tortillas: Grab some tongs and hold directly over stove flame for 10 to 15 seconds on each side. This, this will give the tortillas a mild “smoky” flavor.
Serving: 3 Tacos | Calories: 757kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 261mg | Sodium: 710mg | Fiber: 2g