Chocolate brownies on their own are wonderful, but adding strawberries takes them to the next level.
Brownies Topped with Strawberries
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 14 oz butter 3 sticks plus 6 Tbls
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 1½ cups strawberries thinly sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease & flour 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Melt butter with cocoa.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar and salt; blend in butter cacao mixture and then the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and chopped chocolate.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 1 hour, remove from pan and cut into medium-size squares.
- Top brownies with strawberries, mint leaves and powdered sugar.