These festive and colorful Buñuelo Berry Muffin Cups are the perfect dessert recipe for entertaining friends and family! I love individually-portioned desserts and I wanted to highlight strawberries as well as blueberries and blackberries to make a festive Mother’s Day, Fourth of July or Christmas dessert – the possibilities are endless!
Buñuelo Berry Muffin Cups
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 large flour tortillas
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lb strawberries cut in half lengthwise
- 6 oz blueberries
- 6 oz blackberries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Vanilla bean split and seeds removed
- 1 cup whipping heavy cream
- ½ Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp fine granulated sugar
To make Buñuelo Cups:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut tortillas into 8 4-inch rounds.
- Brush rounds with olive oil.
- Dust with sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Place rounds in muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove buñuelo cups to cool.
To make Roasted Berries:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries in a baking dish and toss with sugar and vanilla bean and seeds.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature before serving.
To make Chantilly Cream:
- Place cream, vanilla, and sugar in a bowl of an electric mixer and beat until soft peaks begin to form. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Plate a buñuelo cup, fill with Chantilly cream, add roasted berries over the Chantilly cream, and garnish with a mint leaf and lemon zest.