These festive and colorful Buñuelo Berry Muffin Cups are the perfect dessert recipe for entertaining friends and family! Recipe by Yvette Marquez.
Buñuelo Berry Muffin Cups
Yield: 8 servings
Mexican fritter muffin cups filled with homemade Chantilly cream and topped with delicious roasted berries.
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 large flour tortillas
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lb strawberries cut in half lengthwise
- 6 oz blueberries
- 6 oz blackberries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Vanilla bean split and seeds removed
- 1 cup whipping heavy cream
- ½ Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp fine granulated sugar
To make Buñuelo Cups:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut tortillas into 8 4-inch rounds.
- Brush rounds with olive oil.
- Dust with sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Place rounds in muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove buñuelo cups to cool.
To make Roasted Berries:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries in a baking dish and toss with sugar and vanilla bean and seeds.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature before serving.
To make Chantilly Cream:
- Place cream, vanilla, and sugar in a bowl of an electric mixer and beat until soft peaks begin to form. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Plate a buñuelo cup, fill with Chantilly cream, add roasted berries over the Chantilly cream, and garnish with a mint leaf and lemon zest.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 246mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 19g
5 Comments on “Buñuelo Berry Muffin Cups”
MarcelaMay 3, 2016 at 9:42 pm
This looks yummy!
Vickie LeitchMay 4, 2016 at 12:21 am
I would love to win the stand mixer and your contest!!!
I Love fresh strawberries!
Especially chocolate dipped?
VickieMay 4, 2016 at 2:05 am
Yeah..your recipe looks yummy as does your beverage for voting..good luck! I voted for you!
Kimberly WoodMay 6, 2016 at 6:50 am
I would like to enter but don’t use Twitter. I would like to vote for the strawberry and bacon pancakes and my second choice would be the naked strawberries and cream cake.
Linda BradshawAugust 27, 2016 at 8:15 am
I have to try these!! Pinned on pinterest to make soon!