California Strawberry Hummus
Prep Time 15 minutes
Servings 13 servings (1 serving = 1/4 cup)
- 2 cups hulled and quartered California strawberries
- 1 - 14.5 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
For a creamier, smoother texture, peel the chickpeas before blending. This is easy using canned chickpeas: simply pop each one out of its shell one by one using a gentle pinch. It's tedious, but so worth it!
- Place strawberries, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, pepper and salt in a food processor.
- Blend until very smooth. Serve with naan, raw veggies, or chips.
Serving: 54g | Calories: 35kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 178mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1gPrint