Hummus is great, but you know what’s better? California Strawberry Hummus! This recipe adds a unique touch to a traditional hummus dip and makes for a healthy snack time swap.
California Strawberry Hummus
Yield: 13 servings (1 serving = 1/4 cup)
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 - 14.5 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Place strawberries, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, pepper and salt in a food processor.
- Blend until very smooth. Serve with naan, raw veggies, or chips.
For a creamier, smoother texture, peel the chickpeas before blending. This is easy using canned chickpeas: simply pop each one out of its shell one by one using a gentle pinch. It's tedious, but so worth it!
Serving: 2 oz. | Calories: 35kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 178mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 13mg