California Strawberry Hummus
Servings 5 , 2-Tbsp servings
- 2 cups hulled and quartered California strawberries
- 1 14.5 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
For a creamier, smoother texture, peel the chickpeas before blending. This is easy using canned chickpeas: simply pop each one out of its shell one by one using a gentle pinch. It's tedious, but so worth it!
- Place strawberries, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, pepper and salt in the work bowl of a food processor.
- Blend until very smooth.