Cabbage in a smoothie? You betcha! Cabbage and strawberries blend together to make a beautiful smoothie that tastes great but is also nutritious. Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin C, and so are strawberries (110% of the DV to be exact)! Both also provide potassium, a mineral that is important for maintaining a healthy blood pressure.
Strawberry Cabbage Smoothie
Servings 2 , 16-oz smoothies
- 7 oz chopped red cabbage frozen
- 1½ - 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups sliced strawberries frozen
- 1 small banana sliced and frozen
- 2/3 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- Break up the frozen cabbage with your hands, add 1½ cups water to start and puree in a high power blender until it looks like very coarse shaved ice. Add up to ½ cup more water to get this consistency, if needed.
- Next, add strawberries, banana and Greek yogurt and blend again until smooth. Leftovers may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.