This colorful chickpea salad with strawberries is bursting with veggies and delicious flavor! It’s tossed with a simple Dijon vinaigrette and is the perfect way to enjoy your fresh strawberries. Recipe by Gal Shua-Haim.
Chickpea Salad with Strawberries
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained (15 oz)
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 English cucumber diced
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Combine quinoa and water (or vegetable broth) in a small pot. Cover the pot and bring it to a boil.
- Once it reaches a boil, reduce the heat to low and let simmer for about 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed. Remove from flame, fluff with a fork and season with salt. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Once the quinoa has reached room temperature (or cooler), transfer to a bowl and mix in the strawberries, veggies, chickpeas and fresh mozzarella. Toss together with the dressing, and top off with freshly chopped basil.
- Serve cold or at room temperature with your favorite protein!
- Leftovers will stay fresh in the fridge for 3-4 days.