The most refreshing cocktail with the perfect balance of flavors. Subtle sweetness from the strawberries, tartness from the hibiscus! Recipe by Alexa Soto.
Strawberry Hibiscus Margarita
Yield: 6 Cups
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Cocktail shaker
- For the hibiscus tea:
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 6 cups filtered cold water
- 1/2 lb California Strawberries sliced
- For the cocktail:
- 2-3 ounces tequila
- 2 limes cut into quarters
- 1 oz of simple syrup
- 3-4 drops of orange bitters
- 4 oz strawberry hibiscus tea
- Ice to shake
- Optional hibiscus margarita salt
- In a pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add in the dried hibiscus flowers and boil for 5 minutes. Strain into a pitcher. Add sugar if desired or leave unsweetened if you prefer.
- Add in 4 cups of cold water. Mix to combine then add in sliced strawberries. Let it sit for 10 minutes while you prepare your cocktail ingredients.
- Pour margarita salt on a plate. Line the rim of a glass with lime and then dunk the rim in the salt.
- To the cocktail shaker add ice, tequila, simple syrup, orange bitter, strawberry hibiscus tea. Add lid and shake well.
- Add fresh ice to your glass and pour in drink. Top off with additional fresh strawberries and enjoy.