Chocolate covered Strawberry Christmas Tree
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 styrofoam cone (8 ½” x 2 ½”)
- Rolling Pin
- Small star cookie cutter
- 32-34 large fresh strawberries (Approxi-mately 2 lbs.)
- 2 lbs 2 bags green Candy Melts
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 3 Tbs white and gold sprinkles
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp yellow fondant
- In a microwave-safe bowl or double boiler, melt the candy melts completely and stir until no lumps remain.
- Add in the vegetable oil and stir until smooth.
- Dip strawberry in mixture and coat entirely. Gently place on parchment paper, garnish with sprinkles and let harden. Repeat this step for remaining strawberries.
- Starting at the bottom of the cone and moving upward toward the top, insert a toothpick into the cone and then stick a chocolate covered strawberry on to the toothpick with the strawberry stem facing the cone.
- Cover the bottom of the cone and continue working upwards circling the cone.
- For the top, place a strawberry stem down towards the tip of the cone.
- Roll out yellow fondant with rolling pin and cut out a 1/4” thick star shape. Insert a toothpick through the middle so that it can stand and insert onto the tip of the top straw-berry.
- Insert mint leaves in between the strawberries to cover open spaces.