A fun twist on a classic baked brie recipe. Brie is coated in a thick, sugary fruit preserve mixture and then wrapped in puff pastry. It’s a deliciously easy brie appetizer — Strawberry Topped Brie. Recipby by Regan Jones, RD of HealthyAperture.com
Easy Brie Strawberry Swap
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup California Strawberries sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp strawberry preserves
- 1 round of brie at room temperature or warmed slightly
- Crackers and crostini
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 5 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with rosemary and salt; cook an additional 2 minutes. Add strawberries and saute 2 more minutes. Add in vinegar, orange juice and preserves, stirring well and cooking until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Place brie on a small plate; remove strawberry mixture from stove and pour over brie. Serve with crackers or crostini.
14 Comments on “Easy Brie Strawberry Swap”
Tamara BNovember 4, 2016 at 11:13 pm
Oh my that looks so delicious!
heta sNovember 30, 2016 at 7:51 pm
my fave recipe
Mary AnnNovember 30, 2016 at 8:01 pm
Coconut Lime Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce
nosogirlNovember 30, 2016 at 8:28 pm
My favorite recipe from CaliforniaStrawberries.com is Strawberry Brandy BBQ Ribs & Sauce.
Toni BNovember 30, 2016 at 8:30 pm
the Strawberry Dessert Nachos….what a great idea!
Sabrina FosterNovember 30, 2016 at 8:40 pm
I love strawberries! I found a great recipe on California Strawberries. It is Strawberries & Cream Breakfast Bread Pudding. Yum!
amy guillaume lindermanNovember 30, 2016 at 9:01 pm
Coconut Lime Cheesecake with strawberry sauce !
Donna LNovember 30, 2016 at 9:07 pm
Dawn OnufferNovember 30, 2016 at 9:18 pm
Lindsey C.November 30, 2016 at 9:38 pm
The Easy Brie Appetizer with Strawberries looks fantastic and perfect for holiday gatherings!
sarah s.November 30, 2016 at 9:45 pm
fantastic giveaway strawberries are my fave !!
CharitySNovember 30, 2016 at 10:01 pm
Lemon Ricotta Ravioli with Balsamic Roasted Strawberries
Heather BrownNovember 30, 2016 at 10:23 pm
I love CA Strawberries!! Can never have enough of them all year long!
Alita AlexanderJanuary 28, 2017 at 5:00 am
Thank you! This recipe sounds wonderful and we can’t wait to try it at our house!