A fun twist on a classic baked brie recipe. Brie is coated in a thick, sugary fruit preserve mixture and then wrapped in puff pastry. It’s a deliciously easy brie appetizer — Strawberry Topped Brie. Recipby by Regan Jones, RD of HealthyAperture.com
Easy Brie Strawberry Swap
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup California Strawberries sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp strawberry preserves
- 1 round of brie at room temperature or warmed slightly
- Crackers and crostini
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 5 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with rosemary and salt; cook an additional 2 minutes. Add strawberries and saute 2 more minutes. Add in vinegar, orange juice and preserves, stirring well and cooking until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Place brie on a small plate; remove strawberry mixture from stove and pour over brie. Serve with crackers or crostini.