This Fresh Strawberry Cake features delicious California strawberries in the layers between the vanilla cake and in the icing. It’s a strawberry lover’s dream come true!
Recipe by Karen Delgado of Mi Cocina Rápida.
Fresh Strawberry Cake
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2¼ cups of all purpose flour
- 2¼ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup of unsalted butter room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 3 large eggs
Whipped Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing
- 1½ cup of confectioners sugar divided into 1 cup and ½ cup
- 3 cups of whipping cream
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 cups fresh strawberries chopped
To make Vanilla Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Grease three round 8” diameter cake molds. In a blender, put milk and strawberries. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another large bowl, use the paddle attachment to beat the butter until fluffy. Add the sugar and vanilla; beat until well incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture, the strawberry mixture, and eggs little by little, continuing to beat until everything is fully incorporated.
- Divide the mixture in each 8” diameter mold and bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove form molds and allow to cool to room temperature on a rack.
To make Whipped Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing:
- Place 1 cup confectioners sugar into the metal bowl* of a mixer and add the whipping cream. Using the whisk attachment, beat just until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, use a mixer with paddle attachment to beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add vanilla and remaining ½ cup of confectioners sugar. Beat until the icing is formed.
- Mix the whipped cream with the cream cheese icing using a spatula, folding the mixture so it does not get flat. Add chopped strawberries and continue to fold until incorporated.
Assemble and Serve:
- Place a layer of cake on a pedestal or cake tray. Place some of the icing on top and cover the entire base with slices of fresh strawberries. Repeat the process until you reach the last layer. Completely cover the cake with the remaining icing and decorate to your liking. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. You can keep it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.