Use strawberries in place of tomatoes for this caprese-inspired summer flatbread!
Grilled Strawberry Summer Flatbread
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 1 Flatbread
- ½ lb pizza dough
- 5 oz mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 10-12 basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp balsamic reduction
- Sprinkle some flour on a large cutting board or on a countertop. Roll out the pizza dough in the flour so that you create a circle about 12 inches across.
- Heat your grill to at least 450F.
- Place the dough directly on the grill top. Cook for about 2 minutes until you see grill marks.
- Remove the dough from the grill and place it on a plate or tray. Flip the dough so that the non-grilled side is down.
- Brush some olive oil along the edges of the dough.
- On the non-grilled side, add the mozzarella and sliced strawberries.
- Place the flatbread back on the grill, toppings-side up, for another 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the grill and add basil.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction, slice, and enjoy!